Evaporative coolers are the premier way to get relief when the temperature starts to climb. Even better than simply providing a cool feeling to your home, they also add moisture into the air to help prevent all of those secondary issues that come from dry warmth, such as cracked skin or static shock.
While many homes have evaporative cooling systems, they’re not always designed or installed in a way that allows them to cool every room of the home equally effectively. Moreover, for people who live in condos or apartments, they may not have a “central” evaporative system at all! In these cases, a lightweight evaporative cooler is a way to go.
There are numerous benefits that come with using a laptop evaporative cooler. In fact, many homeowners leverage these models in addition to their central system, for an extra burst of cooling on days that are just unbearable! Take a look at some of the advantages:
- The cooling is more concentrated in a portable unit because it’s designed to cool a smaller space. The smaller unit will produce temperatures that are cooler and more even when deployed in spaces that are smaller and more controlled. It’s why they’re great for home offices, bedrooms, and sitting rooms.
- Portable units can be more energy efficient than larger units-especially when you’re relying on them for longer periods of time. Turn down the thermostat in your home and plug in a portable cooler to give yourself a controlled chill at a lower overall cost to your home.
- They move with you! If you’re spending time in different areas of the home, just bring your portable evaporative cooler with you as you move. You’ll maintain a high degree of comfort without having to acclimate to a new temperature each time you move.
- They’re also great for children and the elderly, who have more trouble maintaining a comfortable temperature when the summer months become unbearably hot. A portable swamp cooler in the bedroom or near someone can make all the difference in keeping them comfortable for an extended period of time.
- Finally, the cost of portable swamp coolers is much lower than air conditioning units, making them a more viable cooling option for homes that are on a budget or money-conscious. You’ll get the heat relief you need, without dragging yourself over the coals to get it.
If you don’t own a portable swamp cooler, consider the many ways you and your home might benefit from one. Even homes that already have a central, whole-home evaporative cooling unit can experience a higher degree of comfort thanks to the benefits a portable unit has to offer.
For advice on if a portable swamp cooler is right for you or to get more information before making an investment in one of these units, consult with a professional from vankool.com. We’ll gladly give you all of the information you need to make a smart choice.